Brand: Pro Series
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Capacity: 500 lb
Made in: unknown
Pro Series makes this sturdy, hitch-mounted cargo carrier. The Rambler lets you free up your vehicle’s interior space for additional passengers and pets. The mesh bottom helps to contain small items, and provides an even support base for odd-shaped gear.
The side rails are 5.5” high, which keeps the cargo in place, but doesn’t take up a lot of space when stored. It has open side rails to easily attach tie-down straps and bungie cords. The Rambler’s spacious 60” x 24” basket holds up to 500 lbs. The contoured shank adds extra ground clearance, which makes turning onto steep driveways and ramps easier.
The extra height also helps keep the cargo basket away from the vehicle’s exhaust pipe. It has a sporty, black powder-coated finish is scratch- and weather-resistant.
What Customers Like About the Rambler Carrier
- The mesh bottom lets rain pass through so it dries quickly.
- It’s very sturdy.
- It’s built to accept a standard, oval, truck light kit.
- The floor mesh is tight. Small things don’t poke through it.
- The 24” width is perfect for large coolers.
- It’s easy to set up and install.
What They Don’t Like
- It’s heavy.
- The zinc bolts rust easily.
- The tubing may split open.
- It could be damaged during shipping; better packaging is needed.
- Depending on model of vehicle, it may block the back lift/gate.
Q. How much does it weigh?
A. The basket and stinger(post) weigh just over 59 lbs.
Q. Does it include a hitch pin?
Q. What are the interior dimensions of the basket?
A. It measures 60” x 24” from center to center. Note that the corners are rounded. So, allowing for about a 4” radius in each corner, the useable length is closer to 54”-56”.
Q. Where is it manufactured.
A. It’s made in China.
Q. Does it block the vehicle’s rear door?
A. Maybe. It depends on the vehicle.
Q. Does it fold upward when not in use?
A. No. It doesn’t fold. It can only be mounted or unmounted.
Q. Can I install brake lights?
A. Yes, it has cutouts for a standard brake-light assembly.
Q. Does it come with brake lights?