Rating: 4 out of 5
Capacity: 8 cu ft
Made in: unknown
Summary of Thule Sidekick Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Sidekick is a rooftop cargo box designed to carry a multitude of different objects. It comes with an impressive 8 cubic feet of storage to help add extra cargo space to any vehicle. This cargo box is excellent for carrying golf clubs or camping gear, depending on each user’s preferred activity. The side-opening design allows for easy loading and unloading without having to climb atop the vehicle.
The Sidekick Cargo Box is designed to be compatible with almost every factory or installed rooftop rack system. Because of the secure design, this product requires significant assembly. For an additional cost, professional installation can also be purchased.
What Customers Like
- It’s great to have additional space. More equipment and luggage can be brought on short excursions or longer trips.
- One of the biggest fears with rooftop cargo boxes is water damage. The Thule Sidekick does a great job of keeping everything inside completely dry.
- The compact size keeps the vehicle from being impacted in terms of driving stability.
What Customers Don’t Like
- The installation process can be complicated and time-consuming. Following the directions closely and having an extra person to help can make the process much easier. Also, professional installation can be purchased with the product.
- The carrier doesn’t have a lot of space. However, having any additional carrying space in a vehicle is very practical.
- The bottom of the carrier is more flexible than expected. The plastic material often makes it difficult to latch properly.
Q: When considering a long trip or move, how many suitcases can fit into this carrier?
A: The carrier becomes quite full when two golf bags are placed inside.
Q: Will this fit to my vehicle’s rooftop rack?
A: This carrier will fit to most vehicle racks. The bars include four to six holes for clamps allowing for a lot of flexibility. Holes can easily be drilled in the bars if the stock adjustments don’t work.
Q: What’s included?
A: The cargo box, four bolts and brackets, four knobs, camlocks with keys, vinyl hole covers and all required installation hardware is included. Everything needed to complete the assembly should be included.
Q: Is it difficult to install?
A: The installation process is rather complicated but certainly doable. It is important to seek the help of another individual. If worse come to worst, professional installation can be purchased for an additional fee.