Brand: Vault Cargo Management
Rating: 5 out of 5
Capacity: 500 lb
Made in: unknown
When you’re ready for an adventure, a hitch carrier storage rack can ensure you have enough capacity to bring the necessary equipment along for the ride.
The 60” x 24” Vault Cargo Management Hitch Carrier is sturdy and secure. Weighing in at just under 53 lbs. in total, this carrier rack can securely transport cargo up to 500 lbs. when attached to your vehicle’s trailer hitch.
What Customers are Saying
We’ve evaluated the most helpful reviews from customers who purchased this carrier storage rack.
What they like:
1. An extremely easy assembly process makes installation of the trailer hitch user-friendly and straightforward to put together.
2. The metal used for this carrier rack is high quality. It feels sturdy and is built to last. Unlike other carriers, the metal doesn’t feel flimsy and won’t buckle under pressure when you add up to 500 lbs. of cargo weight to it.
3. High edges on the side walls ensure cargo remains securely in place. Additionally the elevated shaft raises cargo above the vehicle’s exhaust, which means your gear won’t smell like gas after traveling.
What they don’t like:
1. The carrier weighs 52.8 lbs. and thus is heavy to both lift and hold, when attaching the carrier into the hitch mount.
2. Even with an extra powder coat applied to the paint, the carrier can show rust after extended use. To avoid premature rusting, it is recommended to store the carrier after use, and avoid exposure to poor weather for extended periods of time.
3. Depending on the amount of cargo placed in the carrier, it can create a sense of “drag” on the vehicle when driving smaller vehicles.
Q: What type of hitch receiver is compatible with this carrier?
A: The Vault Cargo Hitch Carrier is designed for compatibility with 2” receivers. It will fit most vehicles with a standard trailer hitch installation.
Q: Does this hitch carrier come with any additional accessories?
A: Unfortunately, no. You’ll need to purchase tie down straps and carrier bags separately.
Q: Does the rack fold up for storage purposes?
A: This rack does not fold in any way. That’s important to keep in mind when deciding where to store the carrier rack.