Brand: SHIELD JACKET
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Capacity: 15 cu ft
Made in: unknown
SHIELD JACKET has a cargo bag that attaches to the roof of vehicles by tying eight, built-in straps to the crossbars on the top of the vehicle. This bag is perfect for allowing room for additional cargo on the top of the vehicle. It can be used for cross-country trips, and it is even great for off-roading and camping. It can be used on cars, SUVs, or any vehicle that has some sort of roof rack system with crossbars.
It adds an extra 15 cubic feet of storage space that is both locked and loaded for security and convenience. It can be installed easily by one person, and in a rather short period of time, as the straps that tie down to the rack are easy to use and adjustable. The seams of this cargo rack are welded, which will prevent water from creeping into the bag. Therefore, it will handle all type of rain and snow without a problem. It has two compression straps that will help to keep everything tied down and in place during travels.
What Customers are Saying
We have gathered a great deal of information from customer reviews that have been the most helpful, and here is what we have discovered.
What Customers Like:
- The number one thing customers like about this bag is that it will keep their cargo dry because of its waterproof technology. They also like how heavy duty the bag is, too.
- It will hold up for the entire trip without anything being blown open at the seams, and it will protect cargo from being blown away. In short, it will keep cargo in a place where it is put in the loading process, and it does not move from that spot during travels, so long as everything is tied down correctly.
- Even though it appears small, customers really like that it can hold a great deal of cargo once it is filled.
What Customers Dislike:
- There are some concerns with noise being made by some of the straps flapping in the wind, especially if they are not properly and tightly secured from the beginning.
- Some customers have expressed concerns that the side construction of the bag is very forgiving and will not keep its shape over repeated use.
- Customers have also stated that the clips that hold the straps down can break with repeated use, and a hole will rip on the side of the bag.
Q: Will this bag have all of the straps and hardware included to fasten it down?
A: This bag comes with all of the straps needed, and due to these straps, the hardware is not needed for it to remain secured to the tops of vehicles. More straps are not provided (or needed) for added stability.
Q: Can this bag be attached to a vehicle that does not have rails?
A: The straps on this bag will not be long enough to attach to a vehicle’s roof without crossbars or a roof rack.