Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Capacity: 18 cu ft
Made in: unknown
From a company with almost three decades of experience in the manufacture of “easy-on/easy off” products comes the SR7018 Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box. This extra large carrier from SportRack is spacious and versatile with up to 18 cubic feet of waterproof storage capacity.
It offers virtual tool-free installation and attaches to crossbars via simple U-bolts in a matter of minutes. The U-bolts’ threads are attached to quick release hardware for additional firmness.
The interior contents are kept dry regardless of weather thanks to vinyl hole covers. With durable ABS plastic construction, this cargo box is rugged and provides protection against UV rays. The manufacturer has emphasized on aerodynamics with smooth surfaces and angled contours to ensure that it cuts quietly through the air.
This box is compatible with all SportRack roof rack systems, round, square, and most factory racks. It makes use of a secure rear-facing lid to minimize the hazards that can be caused by side-opening lids. You can also step on your rear bumper for easier access, and the lid is propped open for ease of use. A lock cylinder locks the box tightly and secures its contents.
Sportrack includes a limited lifetime warranty with this product, which is terminated if it changes ownership. It is black in color and measures 64.17″ (l) x 40″ (w) x 18.89″ (h).
What Customers are Saying About the SportRack SR7018
After analyzing hundreds of customer reviews, this is what we believe are the most common opinions.
What they like:
- It is of good quality and durable even when used in harsh conditions.
- It is watertight and keeps all contents dry.
- It offers UV protection due to its high-quality plastic construction.
- It is well-priced for its size and features.
- It is huge. It provides sufficient storage – doubles the interior capacity depending on the car.
- Easy to mount as it is light and features hands-free operation.
What they do not like:
- Some wind noise while driving at higher speeds.
- Some reported vibrations on speeds higher than 50 mph.May need a ratchet strap to stay closed during extreme windy conditions.
Q: Is it waterproof?
A: If closed correctly it may protect the contents from water damage. However, you should wrap any damageable items due to the openings where the mounting hardware is installed.
Q: How many golf bags would fit in this carrier?
A: Depending on the golf bags’ sizes, you may be able to fit two.
Q: Will it fit without contacting my vehicle’s hatch?
A: If the distance from the point where the roof meets the hatch and the center of your vehicle’s front roof rack crossbar is more than 39 1/2″, it will fit.