Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Capacity: 2 boards
Made in: USA
The Thule 810XT Standup Paddleboard (SUP) Taxi is a car rack designed to carry standup paddle boards on top of the vehicle.
The unit is able to fit a variety of SUP sizes with a telescoping design. This provides a snug custom fit to any board. The unit can also carry more than one board.
The unit is constructed with heavy duty plastic, metal and nylon straps, helping it stand up to the elements and stay installed on the vehicle. In addition, the rack is lockable and comes with two keys to keep boards safe and secure.
Further, the unit can be quickly installed without the use of tools, and fits a variety of Thule Rack Systems, bars and factory racks.
What Customers Like:
- The rack is very easy to install as it doesn’t require tools to mount on the vehicle’s existing bars.
- The rack has easily adjustable mounts that make it quick to swap out boards without needing tools.
- The rack has a great design that customers love on top of their vehicles.
What Customers Don’t Like:
- The rack raises the boards up on the car a significant distance which can make it hard to lock them in place, especially if the user isn’t tall.
- It can be hard to slide SUPs onto the unit as it features rubber pads that grip the board too tightly.
- There is limited information on how to transport multiple boards on the same rack.
Q: What is the maximum dimension of SUP that can be transported on this rack?
A: The rack supports boards up to 34” wide.
Q: Can the unit be used with surfboards?
A: Yes, the unit fits surfboards, as long as they are no wider than 34”.
Q: Does the rack require cross-bars?
A: Depending on the vehicle, the rack may require cross-bars to be installed. Check with the manufacturer to determine if your car needs cross-bars.
Q: Can the secure straps be cut?
A: The straps are reinforced with steel cables to make it hard for them to be cut and for your boards to be stolen.
Q: How are boards loaded onto the rack?
A: Boards can be loaded most easily from the side of the vehicle.