Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Capacity: 14 cu ft
Made in: China
The Yakima RocketBox Pro 14 Cargo Box is a roof-mountable sealed cargo box designed for a variety of vehicles.
With 14 cubic feet of capacity, the box is aerodynamically designed to minimize drag. It can fit a variety of vehicle classes, including SUVs and trucks, as well as smaller vehicles thanks to its design.
The unit has space to store equipment for up to three campers. The box keeps items secure via a keyed lock, and comes with two keys. The cargo box is opened via a red push button and is black in color with Yakima branding on the sides. Finally, it comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
What Customers Like:
- The unit fits well on smaller SUVs and cars, and is quick and easy to install with the provided mounting screws.
- The unit is well sealed against rain, wind, and bugs that may be encountered during longer road trips.
- The unit create minimal additional noise and so can be kept permanently installed on vehicles with little impact to drivability.
What Customers Don’t Like:
- The unit does cause vehicle fuel efficiency to go down, with around a 4-5 mpg drop.
- The unit may not fit longer skis and equipment due to its internal dimensions being shorter than its external ones.
- The box uses some cheaper plastic parts that may fail after extended use.
Q: What is the longest item the unit can fit?
A: Reviewers state they were unable to fit 180 cm skis, and that 163 cm skis barely fit. As a result 163 cm may be the upper limit.
Q: How many keys does the unit come with?
A: The unit come with two keys.
Q: What are the unit dimensions?
A: The unit measures 6 feet 2 inches by 33 inches by 16 inches. Internal dimensions may be lower.
Q: Does the unit require a roof rack?
A: Yes, the unit must be attached to a roof rack or bar on the vehicle.
Q: Can I fit golf bags in the box?
A: Yes, two or three golf bags should fit.